General information about SEDAR+
SEDAR+ will be the Canadian Securities Administrators’ national system that all market participants will use for filings, disclosure, payments and information searching in Canada’s capital markets.
Once fully launched, SEDAR+ will be a simplified point of access for market participants including issuers, insiders, registrants, and investors. It will improve industry participants’ filing experience and investors’ access to disclosure information.
The CSA is building on a name that has a long legacy in Canada. SEDAR is Canada’s longest running and most well-known filing and disclosure national system for market participants. The plus (+) symbol, signifies the integration of all the CSA’s national systems, and reflects the fact that it will be a more modern, up-to-date system to better serve Canada’s market participants.
SEDAR+ portal offers:
- Single portal access to all filings
- Effective cyber security and privacy management
- Larger scope of filings and system users
- Better usability via a modern user interface, search function improvements, and harmonized processes for all filings
- Better data quality through database consolidation and input standardization
- Easier filing and compliance
When fully implemented, SEDAR+ will replace the National Cease Trade Order Database (CTO), the Disciplined List (DL), the System for Electronic Document Analysis and Retrieval (SEDAR), the System for Electronic Disclosure by Insiders (SEDI), the National Registration Database (NRD) and the National Registration System. It will also incorporate certain filings made in paper format or in local electronic filing systems.
For more information, refer to About SEDAR+ on the CSA website.